Garrard Service & Repair
We can bring back to new irrespective of the condition and we can paint any chassis any colour. Also included in the price is a new box and free delivery UK.
Mechanical service only
For those wishing to keep their paintwork original we offer a mechanical service only. The service is exactly the same as the Full Refurbishment service except the paintwork is kept original.
Only when a Garrard 301 or 401 has been serviced properly will it sound as good as it was designed to be.
We strip and examine all parts and replace where necessary.
There are many critical areas that effect the sound and all these areas need correct rectification before the 301 or 401 gives its best.
Full Service includes:
- Strip and remove all parts
- Clean polish Chassis
- Shot Blast Chassis
- Powder Coat Chassis
- Replace rubber grommets
- Strip Spindle Check wear and replace bushes is needed
- Ultrasonic clean spindle re oil and rebuild
- Strip motor – Re place oil felts and re oil & assemble
- Replace Suppressor
- Acid remove Cadmium off linkage and replate with zinc pasivated gold
- Replace any broken / cracked plastic components
- Check idler wheel bushes and replace if needed
- Re condition idler wheel or replace if badly worn
- Use new / replated screws for assemly
- Fit new motor springs
- Replace motor spring dampers
- Polish eddy brake disc
- Fit new Idler wheel springs.
- Refit newly plated linkage / grease/ reset
- Replace motor clamp if missing
- Adjust motor pulley size to get speed central on speed control
- Fit a new mains cable with soldered ends and insulate sleeves
- Re cut platter strobe
- New Turntable Mat
- Return in a purposemade double skinned Garrard box
Mechanical service includes:
- All linkages removed – dangerous cadmium plating acid removed then re-plated in gold zinc
- Motor full strip and new oil felts fitted & new bearings if required
- New suppressor
- Spindle strip with new bushes and repainted.
- New face plates if requested.
- New moulded rubber idler wheel.
- New solid body eddy brake disc.
- New mat.
- Platter repainted and strobe re cut
- New moulded rubber idler wheel
- New solid body eddy brake disc
- Spindle strip with new bushes and repainted
How It Works?
We’ll send you a box
A purpose made double skinned Garrard box
Send box back with your turntable
You must arrange return with your chosen delivery service
Once the extensive restoration is complete we will ship it back
Time taken to complete the work varies please contact us for more info
“I installed your platter and bearing in one of my 301’s. They sound great. I listen primarily to classical music, and the sound of your platter is greatly appreciated.“